• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imitating 'electric' lime green.

Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer supplied an RGB label image that I'm trying to print CYMK. Problem is a major league shift in the background lime green to a dull, also tan green.

Any ideas as to what values (or PMS) I should use to substitute? Original image attached. Trying to come close as possible in CYMK for printing.

Thanks.marycrazyguy (ORIGINAL).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Peter,

Your "Electric Lime Green" is out of gamut for CMYK. Bright RGB colors like these simply can't be printed using normal inks.

On the bottom is your original image, on the right is the image soft proofed to CMYK (US Web Coated (SWOP v2)

Notice how the green dies?

On the left is the image with Gamut Warning tuned on. Everything that is gray is out of gamut, even the red & blue of the flag.

The only thing that might be close is to print this on a press with a Fluorescent Green Pantone spot color

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Your "Electric Lime Green" is out of gamut for CMYK. Bright RGB colors like these simply can't be printed using normal inks.

On the bottom is your original image, on the right is the image soft proofed to CMYK (US Web Coated (SWOP v2)

Notice how the green dies?

On the left is the image with Gamut Warning tuned on. Everything that is gray is out of gamut, even the red & blue of the flag.

The only thing that might be close is to print this on a press with a Fluorescent Green Pantone spot color ink. This is an ink made specifically for printing a bright green that cannot be printed any other way.

There are NO values you can use to print this using CMYK. Just ain't gonna happen!

Now your problem is trying to explain to the customer why what he sees on his screen can't be printed.

Good Luck with that!

out of gamut.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same in RGB mode soft  proofing for my epson 4800 in RGM mode.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I concur with Bo LeBeau.

On what kind of press and subtract material is this suppose to be printed to ?

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much gents... you've confirmed what I suspected but was still hoping... I think I'll use a PMS365 just for the background & pray or something like that! And all of this for just a print run of 50 stickers that go on construction hard hats. 😉

Regards & thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sound like a Flexography print job. It usually need a special channel for that PMS color, and the printer to have that special ink.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks... customer would never spring for $ like that for 50 labels!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines