• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, Trying to open Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to open Photoshop CC 2017 which had been working fine until recently. Now i keep getting the message - Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. does anyone have any ideas what i can do to get it working again please???? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Your Windows Event Viewer should list the faulting module that's causing your crash.   Often it's caused by a missing or corrupted Windows DLL file.  

Lavasoft's Web Companion plugin is a known conflict with Adobe products.  Uninstalling Lavasoft and its related DLL files fixes that problem.

Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

If you don't have Lavasoft,  update your graphics drivers.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. You posted this question in the non-technical forum lounge. I'll move it over to the Photoshop forum so that you can get an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the details in you Photoshop crash report

CC 2015 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source

Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎17/‎01/‎2017 13:28

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Photoshop.exe

Application Version:    18.0.1.29

Application Timestamp:    583e911d

Fault Module Name:    LavasoftTcpService64.dll

Fault Module Version:    2.3.4.7

Fault Module Timestamp:    555dc671

Exception Code:    c0000095

Exception Offset:    0000000000008902

OS Version:    10.0.14393.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:    2057

Additional Information 1:    bfef

Additional Information 2:    bfef348dfc3144f4211de2095b9089eb

Additional Information 3:    aa5c

Additional Information 4:    aa5cc194c9e535f8ba39d80cc627eacd

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID:    0c5ed272dc2581c42f39e737c5355ae1 (120659045043)

is this correct??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source of your problem is Lavasoft:

Fault Module Name:LavasoftTcpService64.dll

Uninstall Lavasoft and all its related DLL files.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Windows Event Viewer should list the faulting module that's causing your crash.   Often it's caused by a missing or corrupted Windows DLL file.  

Lavasoft's Web Companion plugin is a known conflict with Adobe products.  Uninstalling Lavasoft and its related DLL files fixes that problem.

If you don't have Lavasoft,  update your graphics drivers.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Lavasoft several weeks ago but still got the error saying Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. I did a search for any file or subdirectory containing the word lavasoft and found 6 subdirectories and 4 files with that name. After removing all these items, Photoshop CC2017 started and appears to be working normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I alos have Photoshop CC2017 and Lightroom CC2016 on a Windows 10 system. Lightroom works OK.   When I start Photoshop from either the Creative Cloud dialog box or from the Icon on my desktop, just after the initial screen opens, I get an error box saying “Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available”.  My Creative Cloud dialog box shows Photoshop CC (2017). I copied Photoshop 2015.5 from a backup hard drive and it works normally.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop CC2017 two times and when I open the reinstalled program, I get the same error.

Next, I uninstalled Photoshop, ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, reinstalled Photoshop and got the same error.

I have the latest video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read Reply #4 in this discussion?

What does you Windows Event Viewer say is the faulting module?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look at the crash reports for your CC 2017 crashes to find out what module is failing...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error box saying “Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

When you get that message there is a crash report generated you need to look at the details to see what the failing module is.  Please pots the details in that report.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstalled Lavasoft several weeks ago but still got the error saying Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. I did a search for any file or subdirectory containing the word lavasoft and found 6 subdirectories and 4 files with that name. After removing all these items, Photoshop CC2017 started and appears to be working normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you needed to do that search....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep and the search was successful. I found 10 items to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines