Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit the existing content in InDesign file

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am trying to edit the content in table. Initially for couple of changes, i was able to modify and saves the change successfully. After saving the file by pressing (Ctrl+S) it saves and updated the changes. Then I am trying to modify the remaining changes, However, i could not able to and the below error message displaying " Unable to check out this file. It may be in use by someone else"  I did check other indesign files and able to modify the contents. I only experiencing for this particular file.

I am using windows 7 pro and Indeisgn CS6 version.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Swathi.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

That would be indicative of an InCopy story. Open the assignments panel and see if there’s any content there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be indicative of an InCopy story. Open the assignments panel and see if there’s any content there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you BobLevine​. I did check Assisgnments panel and i observed Unassigned InCopy content.

Can you please suggest me? do i have remove the stuff from this assignments panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is not part of an InCopy workflow, yes. Otherwise, you need to find out who’s running this show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you BobLevine​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines