• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 1114 when switching modules

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC 2015.8 on Windows 10. When I switch to the Slideshow module, Lightroom closes with this message:

LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

I have searched in the forums and online for a solution and followed these suggestions:

1. Remove preferences file

2. Uninstall and reinstall Lightroom

3. Update operating system

I have not uninstalled and reinstalled my operating system, but I did update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I am fully updated on  Windows 10. I have had this problem since the first Lightroom 2015 on Windows 7, in the standalone version and the CC version, through all the updates of 2015, and the update to Windows 10. No other programs on my computer fail.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

For Lightroom developers, could you improve the error message with more details on the DLL that fails? That would help figure out what needs fixing.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Hi Johng,

Please refer the below troubleshooting guide also, I would suggest you to reset Lightroom preferences back to default and check if that helps.

Troubleshooting guide for errors that can occur when you change modules in Lightroom

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Could you please check and see if the option for "use graphics processor" is checked or unchecked under Preferences>performance.

If it is checked, try and uncheck the option once, and restart Lightroom, also make sure to update the graphic card drivers.

Regards

Tanuj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj,

Thanks for your reply. That option is not checked. My graphics card driver was updated by the Windows update process recently.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest if you could please create a new admin account once, and then check in the new account if you still get the same error in Lightroom or not.

How to create a new user account in Windows 10: How to Create a New Local User Account in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried this, but I can't log in to the new account (says "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in."), leading to a whole additional search on that problem, which I don't have another reason to solve, so I gave up. Maybe the problems are related.

I'm only surprised about the Lightroom problem because I use other big programs on this computer and none of them have components that fail. Until this user account problem raised by your suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Johng,

Please refer the below troubleshooting guide also, I would suggest you to reset Lightroom preferences back to default and check if that helps.

Troubleshooting guide for errors that can occur when you change modules in Lightroom

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines