Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep a spread together, but vary its position

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, there, Adobe community!

I'm working on a collection of an author's poetry, and I've come across a rather curious problem: This author has a pair of sonnets that I would like to keep facing each other on the same spread. The problem is, this book is a work in progress (though the deadline approaches!), so pages may get added in or taken out any number of times before it goes to press.

I have turned off "Allow selected Spread to Shuffle" for only the affected poems, so now these pages are always opposite. But there is a problem: If the number of pages before this spread changes by an odd number, I'm left with something like this:

[Page 102] | [Empty space]

[Page 103] | [Page 104] <--The Spread I wanted kept together

[Page 105] | [Page 106] (etc...)

The problem is that empty page after 102. First of all, because I don't want dead space in my book. Second, it throws off the page numbers (I want all rectos to be odd numbers, and all versos even).

Here's the thing: I can be a little flexible about the order of the poems here (all the poems in this section are one page long). For example, here's the basic setup

[Poem A] | [Poem B]

[Poem C] | [Poem D] <-- The poems I want to keep together

[Poem E] | [Poem F]

Here are my "terms of engagement:" C and D must be kept together, and they must appear after A. Within those parameters, I can fudge the order.

And here's my question:

Is there any way that, if I have an odd-numbered change, I can have the project do something like this:

[Poem X] | [Poem A] <-- Let's say "X" is the new page I added, which has to appear before A.

[Poem C] | [Poem D] <-- The poems I want to keep together

[Poem B] | [Poem E] (etc...) <--B has now moved to after D, but still before E. F and so on proceed as normal from there, and present no problems.

Is there any way to do that automatically, or will I just have to move Poem B manually before I go to press?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

In the page panel keep pages together, but you might have to move pages before and after manually.

But if you start a new section with the spread, you can set in preferences, that all the new added pages come at the end (of the previous) section (in your case).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the page panel keep pages together, but you might have to move pages before and after manually.

But if you start a new section with the spread, you can set in preferences, that all the new added pages come at the end (of the previous) section (in your case).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines