• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show last imported image

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is an El Capitan (OSX) problem, having just upgraded, that when importing an image into Indesign (any version), the last one imported no long is highlighted by a grey bar across it, so it makes it awkward, remembering what the last one was. Is there a fix for that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screen shot of what you're talking about, please. Are you talking about having an image name highlighted in the Links panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one on the left is how it appears presently with it set up with El Capitan OS – having just upgraded. However, when I was working in Mountain Lion (and other Mac OS’s) it would always show the last image imported by adding a red line through it, so I always knew to go to the next one etc by tabbing down or up on the keyboard. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen captures are not showing. You'll have to return to the forum, and use the editor to insert a screen shot. You can't email them.

Use the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the editor window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The left example, after inserting an image I would go back to PLACE for the next one and the last image imported would be highlighted in red, as per the right example.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 two examples.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue isn't with InDesign. And it's only indirectly to do with the OS X version

In the screen capture on the left, you're using Default Folder, a very good third party application which helps you remember recent folders (among other things). The reason I know is that I'm using it too (see screen capture below):

InDesign CC202.png

I'm using Sierra on my Mac, and, as you can see, it's having no problem highlighting the last placed file.

So, you either have a version of Default Folder incompatible with El Capitan (you should check), or you need to contact St. Clair Software for tech support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I would never have figured that out. Will ask them for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines