Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync book let documents silently open.

People's Champ ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I synchronize a book which hosts 3 docs. I noticed that when I quit the app, I am asked to save those docs when none of them has a layout window.

I understand InDesign has to open those docs to sync, but shouldn't it close them right away ? I can sure close them by myself but I wanted to check if it's a know issue or something I do wrong.

Thanks for feedback.

Loic

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd indeed expect InDesign to svae and close the documents, as it does after creating/updating an index, toc, or any cross-references. That it doesn't is inconsistent. Don't know if this is a known issue, but it seems to me that it's not the case that you do anything wrong: if they're open aften synching, they're open...

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter. Probably a bug or misconception then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines