Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converter layers to ?

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6

If I right click on a text layer, in Lay panel can I choose the following converting options:
Convert to Smart Object
Rasterize Type
Rasterize Type Style
Convert to Shape

Convert to Paragraph Text
but what is the difference between allt these options?

And why can't use all tools of some one of them ?

----------------------------------------

If I right click on a layer (graphic), in Lay panel can I choose the following converting options:

"Convert to Smart Object" but what i a "Smart Object" ?

but what is the difference between allt these options?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017
Rasterize Type

Changes a Type Layer to a pixel Layer

Rasterize Type Style

Changes the Layer with applied Layer Styles to a pixel Layer

Convert to Shape

Changes the Type Layer to a Shape Layer (a Solid Colour Layer with a Vector Mask)

Changes Point Text to Paragraph Text – these are two possibilities to set up Type Layers in Photoshop, in the one case one defines a starting point from which the text flows in the other a rectangle that gets filled with the text

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to start with some beginners level tutorials if all those terms mean nothing to you yet.

The advantages of Smart Objects are numerous:

• external files can be referenced and represented in layered documents

• multiple instances of a SO in a containing document that update simultaneously on saving an edited SO (please note that for a SO to maintain a connection to the external file one needs to use File > Place Linked instead of File > Place Embedded )

• the possibility of placing vector content as Vector Smart Objects (though this will output as pixels)

• non-destructive application of Filters

• non-destructive application of transformation, warp, puppet warp (not all of these are available for Vector SO, but by converting such a one to a regular SO they become applicable)

• combination of elements of different color spaces and bit depths

• the ability to Replace Contents of SO (for example when faking as-of-yet non-existent products by mapping packaging design elements onto images of a blank container and the design is likely to change)

• Stack Modes for certain combinations of photographic images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rasterize Type

Changes a Type Layer to a pixel Layer

Rasterize Type Style

Changes the Layer with applied Layer Styles to a pixel Layer

Convert to Shape

Changes the Type Layer to a Shape Layer (a Solid Colour Layer with a Vector Mask)

Changes Point Text to Paragraph Text – these are two possibilities to set up Type Layers in Photoshop, in the one case one defines a starting point from which the text flows in the other a rectangle that gets filled with the text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines