Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Custom High Pass in Image Processor

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could you help?

I am a CS6 photoshop user, and had to reload the programme after my Mac went wrong recently.

I had set up the image processor to ‘bulk’ process my files using the High pass filter. I have been trying for days to reset this. However it is nit adding the high pass filter. Please can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

hello! Unless I'm missing something in your workflow, the scripts events manager is not needed in your case, you should check "Run Action" and select the correct action set and action.

Also, you are using the SEM to run an action when photoshop starts, if you want to run an action, you rather need it on image open...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What comes to my mind:

- Have you created an action for the High Pass Filter? If yes, is the action executed correctly on its own on a single image?

- Photoshop creates a new folder for the processed images, did you notice that?

What exactly did you do, step by step?

Please provide a screenshot of your image processor window and of the action panel with the High Pass Filter action open.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I recorded it as follows, it is called 5 High Pass so I could identify each attempt.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 15.19.32.png

I then tried toset that up in the processor:-

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 15.20.22.png

After that I ran the processor, but it still would not insert the high pass filter.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 15.19.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! Unless I'm missing something in your workflow, the scripts events manager is not needed in your case, you should check "Run Action" and select the correct action set and action.

Also, you are using the SEM to run an action when photoshop starts, if you want to run an action, you rather need it on image open...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!!!! I had missed the one simple box! I have run it a couple of times and it has processed perfectly! Such a useful tool this. Many thanks for all your help.

I am on a 'Phase One' refresher course tomorrow...........hope that goes better!

Kind regards,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for the help, I have now solved the issue as a result. I will use the scipt editor for other bulk editing now I know what I did wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops, never in my life I used the Script Events Manager ... so I can't help with this. Sorry.

But your images should be processed allright with the Image Processor alone when you enable the High Pass Filter action in no. 4 - Preferences.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines