Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Time

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a render time of 4 hours for a 5 minute 720p video.  Here are my specs

2x Intel Xeon E5-2670 (16 cores 32 threads)

64gb RAM

480gb SSD

Here is what I am rendering ,

http://soundvisible.com/web/free-after-effects-templates/free-music-visualizer/680345

Is their anyway to make it faster? Thanks

Also, is it better to export in something other than H.264

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

These kinds of renders are mostly single-threaded due to how AE's audio processing works. There is nothing you can do about it and you simply have a "wrong" computer for this kind of work. It's chugging along on one or two cores whiel the others cannot do anything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These kinds of renders are mostly single-threaded due to how AE's audio processing works. There is nothing you can do about it and you simply have a "wrong" computer for this kind of work. It's chugging along on one or two cores whiel the others cannot do anything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably not. Rendering times depend on system resources, the source files (a wav audio file will render faster than an mp3) your graphics and the effects - they all take time. Rendering directly to an H.264 mp4 using the Adobe Media Encoder is going to take longer than rendering to a lossless format using the Render Cue and Output Module, but you will have to then render your deliverable file using the Media Encoder.

If all you are doing is rendering music visualizers then there are other solutions out there that will do it in real time. Personally I would not consider AE for this kind of a task. It's not worth my time: Example Videos | Magic Music

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines