• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort order of photosc

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I shoot a hockey game I use 2 cameras.

If the action is at the far end I use one camera and lens and as it gets closer I switch to another camera with a  shorter lens

When I get home I load the 2 memory cards into one folder and import into Lightroom

When I'm done editing I export them to a folder on my desktop

Is there a way I can have these sorted by time taken as the order is important

Just before I export I now go into the filmstrip and drag the opening faceoff to the first of the filmstrip and the scoreboard showing the final score is the last photo

Then when I open my file on my desktop  the scoreboard photo is not the last photo to be viewed in the folder

Ex: I could be shooting a rush from the far end coming towards me using one setup

Then I switch to my other camera and lens and shoot the action in front of me

Then another rush from the far end  using the long lens and other camera etc etc

When I get the photos uploaded into LR the order is the 6 photos from the first rush, followed by 10 pics from the 2nd rush and then the photos of when the action is directly in front of me

Once they hit the folder using Windows 10 I can't arrange them, preference would be having LR do my sort.

Thxs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Use the menu command View->Sort->Capture Time

You might also need to synchronize the time on the two cameras first, or you can do this afterwards

How To Sync Multiple Camera Time Stamps In Lightroom 4

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the menu command View->Sort->Capture Time

You might also need to synchronize the time on the two cameras first, or you can do this afterwards

How To Sync Multiple Camera Time Stamps In Lightroom 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried as you suggested and it didn't work.

I understand that you can use "sort by date" but are you thinking that it will sort by time using the minutes as the sort criteria?

Thxs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be very specific. Which of the two things I suggested did you try? Exactly what happened?

I understand that you can use "sort by date" but are you thinking that it will sort by time using the minutes as the sort criteria?

Sort by Capture Time, not sort by Date. It means exactly what it says, it sorts by Capture Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View >sort>capture in LR

It has the opening faceoff (which is the very first photo taken that day) and the scoreboard showing the score is in the middle of the file of photos and it was the last photo taken that day.

I want to have the the faceoff at the first and the scoreboard at the last

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the time in your two cameras is not synchronized. I gave a link that explains how to fix this after the fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just synched my two cameras

They were out by over an hour

Considering that the hockey and ringette games (kids) are less than an hour thats quite a difference

I'll be shooting another hockey game tomorrow night using both cameras

I'll definitely be trying the sort by time

Thxs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines