• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calling topics from code

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2008 Aug 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Can someone point out the format for how developers can call topics in Help in WebHelp output? I created the output and added map IDs to specific topics (don't know if this was needed). The developers need to know what URL to use to call those specific topics from code. When we used .chm output the mapIDs were used to link from code. However, in webhelp output, is there a URL format to call from code? thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2008 Aug 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The link below may help.

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2008 Aug 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Rick. The reference is very helpful. Our developers used the call method of URL to the main page of help and appended a "#" along with the htm page of the topic to link to the specific page. This works fine in IE but not in Firefox. the "#" is translated to an escape character and it fails to load the page. Have you had an experience with this type of linking and a possible recommendation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Having gone through this little exercise recently, I asked our developer to share his knowledge with the forum. Here's his reply. Good luck!

-------------------------------

Include the javascript library file:

<script type="text/javascript" src[location]/RoboHelp_CSH.js" language="JavaScript"></script>

Make the javascript call through a hyperlink

<a href='#' onclick="RH_ShowHelp(0, [location of your help file] >[new window name]', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, [your map id])">Help</a>

You can find further documentation on the RH_ShowHelp call inside the RoboHelp_CSH.js file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Azi is wanting to use URLs, not map ids.

The # symbol works with Firefox as well.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2008 Aug 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. Thank you for your help. I'm still having problems with making the links work in Firefox. The developers mentioned the javascrip file may work but I'm not clear how to icorporate it in the help. Can Wrier501 expand on how they did it? I am going to add map IDs for topics. Where exactly do we input the commands mentioned in the posting from Writer501? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azi

The code Writer501 listed would go in two different places. While it may make no sense to you at the moment, if you were to print this thread and provide it to your developer, s/he should be able to clearly understand what to do.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Rick. Our developer thought the scripts somehow need to be included in the Help. If I'm not mistaken we need to include the two scripts in the installation package when the build engineer is packaging the software and can include the scripts (as plugin?). The build engineer builds the install (uses installshield) for the software and includes the wehelp files as part of the install wizard. If my assumption is correct, can you give any pointers that I can share with the build engineer? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp