• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will InDesign install on Windows 10?

Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a friend that has InDesign CS6. It's new and still in the box, never been installed. He offered me a deal on it but I don't want to get it if it will not install on Windows 10.

Will InDesign CS6 install on Windows 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Maybe. Download the demo and try it.

Be aware it’s not supported though I have it installed here and on the very few occasions I’ve needed it, it has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. Download the demo and try it.

Be aware it’s not supported though I have it installed here and on the very few occasions I’ve needed it, it has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob.

Where can I get the demo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks once again Bob.

I kind of assumed that CS6 would work on my Windows 10 because I have CS3 installed and working on it.

However I read where a lot of people had issues and could not get CS6 to work on there Windows 10.

This leads to one more question.

If I install CS6 on my machine and for some reason (who knows) it does not work. Will I be able to reinstall CS3 and have it work?

Or is there a way to leave CS3 on the machine and also install CS6 on it at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d make sure you had a system image before doing any of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the image backup to cover my butt before I installed the CS6 demo.

I installed the demo with no problem at all. I have both CS3 and CS6 on my Windows 10 system and they both run separate of each other. I did not need to make he system image but if I hadn't, something would have went wrong.

Now I will get the software and input the serial number and then uninstall InDesign CS3.

Bob, thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to uninstall CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smart money is on keeping all your old InDesign versions installed. That's because you CAN'T GO BACK after editing. Once an INDD file is opened in CS6 and saved you will never be able to open it in CS3 ever again. So if keeping CS3 compatibility, perhaps with someone else, is an aim, never open it in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would just leave CS3 alone. If you have any large projects you did with it, you might night it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines