• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new HP PC and have installed an Widows app for Nest Cam. When I open the screen to view my camera in full screen I get the Adobe logo in the middle of the screen that says get Adobe Flash Player. I have looked through the help pages but, it says that it is turned on and it is part of Microsoft Edge. When I click on the check now in help and it says Flash Player is pre-installed with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

Thanks for any help,

Gary

[Moved from Shockwave to Flash... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft has LOCKED Edge and Internet Explorer for Flash Player

Search Microsoft – Official Home Page  for help with the integrated Flash Player in Edge and Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't describe it as "locked", but Flash Player *is* a built-in component of Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 8 and higher.  It's not a separate piece of software, and as such, there's nothing separate to download or install.  Updates in this context are delivered via Windows Updates to IE and Edge.

Here's my generic advice for IE and Edge:

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines