• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animate cc: Buttons for undo for tablet?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a Thinkpad 2 in 1 Yoga with an integrated Wacom pen, mainly for my animations. So i can flip it and use it as a drawing tablet in animate cc.

However, there is one pretty big problem, since i dont have a physical keyboard in tablet mode i cant use ctrl+z.

It is my most used and most needed key combo while working in animate. Now i need to click on edit-undo, which is very time consuming the way i work. When creating a character i used ctrl-z dozens of times per minute... imagine going to edit undo each time, and you'll understand my frustration.

The virtual keyboard takes even more time: bring it up, tap ctrl z, bring it down, continue.

The perfect solution would be an undo button somewhere in one of the panels, the tools panel for example. That i can simply tap 1 time.

If there is somehow an addon for this, please let me know. There must be a solution since I am not the only one who uses a laptop like this or a tablet to draw. Strangely searching for this wasnt succesful so i am asking here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Yes, it's a small niche so to speak, that's what i also discovered in my search, but the search was successful.

So for anyone with this same issue there is a program called 'Tablet Pro' which has the 'Artist Pad' where you can make a custom virtual on screen keypad made for exactly this issue. There's also a free beta one for this called 'Toolbar Creator'

More info at Toolbar Creator makes custom artdocks easy — Surface Pro Artist

And for another option you can also customize your Wacom pen in W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that link, however isn't there anyone who has a fix right now for this? An addon, a plugin?

And as I do appreciate your feedback, it isn't a solution for my work right now or the coming year for that matter. So I don't understand why anyone would mark it as a 'correct answer'.

Hoping for a fix how others have solved this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't recall ever seeing anyone mention shortcuts for tablet users of animate.

you might get more info from forums like photoshop, but it's only just possible something that works for ps will work with animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's a small niche so to speak, that's what i also discovered in my search, but the search was successful.

So for anyone with this same issue there is a program called 'Tablet Pro' which has the 'Artist Pad' where you can make a custom virtual on screen keypad made for exactly this issue. There's also a free beta one for this called 'Toolbar Creator'

More info at Toolbar Creator makes custom artdocks easy — Surface Pro Artist

And for another option you can also customize your Wacom pen in Windows control panel and add the 'Radial Menu' option to one of the buttons on your pen. When you click it you get an on screen, intuitive menu around the cursor where you can add your own custom hotkeys etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines