• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

since 2017.01 saving psd's slow

Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed since upgrading to the latest version, the time taken to sav a psd file has quadrupled in time. Has anyone come across this or just me. Also the amount of memory use has increased also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

We had a recent post from someone who was finding that compressing large files was taking much longer than it should. Try disabling compression of PSD and PSB files and see if that fixes things.   I routinely work with Preferences set that way because it is quicker and I have a lot of disk space, but if you are finding the same as our previous poster, we need to raise it on the Feedback site.

We'll need to know what operating system you are using

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a recent post from someone who was finding that compressing large files was taking much longer than it should. Try disabling compression of PSD and PSB files and see if that fixes things.   I routinely work with Preferences set that way because it is quicker and I have a lot of disk space, but if you are finding the same as our previous poster, we need to raise it on the Feedback site.

We'll need to know what operating system you are using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried the above which did speed up the save but nothing like in the previous version. Sorry about not posting system specs as I also tell others the same thing.

PS 2017.0.1

HP Pavilion HPE H8-1080T

12g ram

AMD radeon 7750hd 2g video card

I7 6 core 3.2g

c:= Samsung 512g SSD

e:= 1.5tb hdd

Windows 10 pro, all updates.

600w PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - I've just tried saving the same files from  CC2015 and CC2017.0.1 and I don't see a difference. Confirmed by the timing option in the info panel.

I had File Compression disabled on both and "Maximise PSD and PSD File Compatibility" enabled on both.

System details : Win 10 Pro;  i7 3930k ; Motherboard P9X79Pro; 64GB RAM; 500GB SSD + 3x2TB drives; Graphics AMD 7970 3GB  ; 3 x HPZR2240W; M-Audio Profire 2626.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines