• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe draw to illustrator cc - export editable strokes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to use Adobe Draw to draw outlines which will then open in illustrator cc on my mac so I can apply my own paintbrush feel brushstrokes to. But I only seem to get 'expanded paths' which means my drawings are stuck with smooth, computer generated looking lines.

if its any clearer, export paths without changing them to outlines.

PLEASE someone tell me this is possible. Or i just bought a 12.9 ipad pro and pencil for nothing - I just want to draw away from my desk!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Hi Superfiveo,

Draw brushes function very similarly to the Blob Brush tool in Illustrator. When you export to Illustrator, it's going to read your strokes as shapes. Right now there's no way around this (just a limitation of the app.)

Have you tried the Photoshop Sketch app? It's not going to give you vectors, but you do get a much wider variety of brush options.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

-Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just managed to achieve this through using Adobe Sketch. I saw a post about it but couldn't get it to work at first.

Only the lines drawn with the graphite pen worked.

I exported it to illustrator cc

select the image

in the image trace panel, set the threshold to max and click the 'outline' option.

then let it run.

then expand the image from the object panel.

But still, creating editable single line paths to send to illustrator should surely be THE main purpose of draw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your strokes are already expanded in Illustrator Draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, they are, but I don't want them expanded. i want to choose a brushstroke from illustrator cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Superfiveo,

Draw brushes function very similarly to the Blob Brush tool in Illustrator. When you export to Illustrator, it's going to read your strokes as shapes. Right now there's no way around this (just a limitation of the app.)

Have you tried the Photoshop Sketch app? It's not going to give you vectors, but you do get a much wider variety of brush options.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

-Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines