Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error! Check Activation

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

II have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried to activate and I still keep getting "Error! Check Activation!". When I try to activate it tells me there is a server issue. What can I try next?

Preferably I don't want to use Adobe Digital Editions since it doesn't work properly and I have spent hours on it. There must be better applications on the market?

Thankful for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply to this and many thanks for helping me. Just a quick question: As I don't want to authorise at all since i do not use the program more that for downloading books (I don'tuse this as a library as there is nothing but trouble with it), is that an option?

Thanks!

Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open eBooks of the Library need a adobe ID. Without authoirze if was not right work. Better you authoirze it with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! I have been up, down and all around the Internet the past few days trying to find a fix. I've been borrowing epub books for years and have never had so many problems. I followed your instructions for the Windows as posted, and I was immediately able to download the same book that has been giving me error messages. I hope Adobe pays you for the advice. I was about to write a strongly worded email to them about the error issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is fixed. The combination of removing and restoring my activation but more importantly downloading the latest update for B&N that was released a day or two ago fixed all problems.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem on my windows 7 desktop when I was prompted to upgrade to 4.53.

I tried following the instructions but it didn't work.

I did system restore and went back to ADE 2.0.

I went to the website and downloaded ADE 3.0.

After doing that, I was able to download the book without getting the "Error! Check Activation"

In fact, the ePub book I downloaded shows up in all three places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines