• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I hear my video, but I don't see it

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a video. Well, I import it to the program. I press play. I hear the video playing, but I don't see it playing. There is just a black screen. Could anybody tell me what I could be doing wrong and what do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program do you have and on what operating system?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from? What format is the video file and what is its resolution?

Also note that some video formats (MOVs) require you to have Quicktime 7 components installed on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I am using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-T52. It is a .MOV file. I believe the resolution is 720.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system do you have?

Do you have Quicktime 7 installed on your computer? It's likely you'll need these components to edit this video. We may also need to open one of those clips using a program like Media Info to find out what compressor that file is using.

When you add the video from this camera as the first clip on  your timeline, do you see a yellow-orange "render" line along the top of the timeline, above this clip? This indicates that the program is not able to automatically match the project settings to this video's specs.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Quicktime 7 and that helped! I can now see the video! Thank you! Now to figure out how to trim out certain parts of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hecsol wrote:

Now to figure out how to trim out certain parts of the video.

Press F1 within the program and it will bring you to this page:

Adobe Premiere Elements Learn & Support

Best place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials for Premiere Elements.

*** Premiere Elements Basic Training***

Part 3 demonstrates the basics of cutting and trimming clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines