Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does this error mean?

Guide ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(17 :: 17)

"After Effects error: zero denominator in ration multiply. (17 :: 17)

???

I've recreated this file several times, always with the same error. WHY?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And recreated what? You need to explain in much more detail what you are doing and then of course provide the necessary technical information like version of AE, system info etc..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the After Effect forum, correct? Then the "file" is an AE file.

This file is nothing more than loading a sequence of images to make an animation, as I have done thousands of times before 2017.0, which has some pretty serious bugs.

AE 2017.0 (Creative Cloud)

MacPro (2013) MacOS X 10.10.5

32 GB ram, 10 TB disk space

What does the error mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what Mylenium is asking is for you to reproduce the steps you take that cause this error each time

AE 2017.0 (Creative Cloud)

make sure you are using 14.0.1.

if you are, then one of Mylenium's traits  is error solving. he even dedicated a whole site for an error solving data base once... so I would tone down the sarcasm and let him try to help you if he wants to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right; I apologize. I think today's frustration with AE got to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the issues I have encountered today with AE 2017.0, I went back to 2015.3, and had the normal success I grew to expect.

On this project, I was loading a 5-year-old set of jpegs (image sequence), instead of our current image sequence format, 16-bit DPX. If this was a project using current image sequences, I probably would not have encountered these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DrStrik9,

Have you tried rebooting your computer yet? See this response: After Effects Error: zero denominator in ratio multiply. ( 17 :: 17 ) | How to Fix?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

It's been awhile, but back then, I did restart and try other things, but eventually gave up and used AE 2015.3 and finished the project with no issues. In the process I learned how to d/l older app versions, which has saved my bacon more than once. -- This is a potential flaw with the CC model, where the default is to delete previous apps when a new app (un-tried by most users) is added. But now that I'm set to not delete older apps, I feel pretty safe from newly-introduced bugs like this one which may be added unexpectedly.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines