• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse: Trigger and Target randomly has moved up on two pages

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone can help. A six month old Muse site with menu based on Trigger/ Target compilation has been working fine.

However for some reason two of the pages ( which are taller ) spontaneously changed. They stopped showing the logo which is the trigger and moved the trigger area up much higher than it is on the master and all other pages.

This page has everything correctly:

http://www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk/welcome.html

This page is one of two which is wrong. In order to cover myself whilst I work out the fix the logo appears, but that is due to my duplicating it on the layer behind the trigger/ target.

http://www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk/air-displays.html

Please also note on the page which is wrong that the target is appearing halfway up the icon, where on the correct page it appears at its base as designed.

I have no idea why this would have occurred; the site has been flawless (as have all my Muse sites) up to now. Typically the two pages affected are the most popular and this is the start of the main sales season for the show.

Can anyone please suggest what I've done wrong?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Many thanks all. The forum won't allow me to upload the screenshots. I suspect that a layers issue was correct.

I have (hopefully) found the workaround. I copied the two contents layers where everything page specific was placed. These layers were always below the trigger and target.

I created a new page under the offending ones and called it V2. I then copied and pasted the contents of the new layers into the new pages (same layer). I then re-linked the pages from the menu and it all works as in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please attach some screenshots for describing the issue?

As I see them working fine, or probably I have overlooked the issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the issue. Could you give a screenshot from the design view of those two different pages?

As far as I guess – maybe there`s some unfortunate overlapping from something below – maybe the layer-Z-order is "wrong"?

I, of course, don`t have a clue, why it worked in previous versions of muse.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks all. The forum won't allow me to upload the screenshots. I suspect that a layers issue was correct.

I have (hopefully) found the workaround. I copied the two contents layers where everything page specific was placed. These layers were always below the trigger and target.

I created a new page under the offending ones and called it V2. I then copied and pasted the contents of the new layers into the new pages (same layer). I then re-linked the pages from the menu and it all works as intended. Why these two pages would go like this I have no idea. Unfortunately the answer escapes me but for anyone else with this problem, creating a new page and copy and paste of its contents worked for me.

Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mattwilkins1 wrote:

They stopped showing the logo which is the trigger and moved the trigger area up much higher than it is on the master and all other pages.

is what way is the logo a trigger... did you full the trigger with that image?

if so then removing the image will cause the trigger box to collaspe and that appears to be the issue you have... in this case I would assume some issue with the image location i.e, did you pull it from a account library or psd and the simple fix is to relink the image to another one that you know is free of any copywright | network issues

Screenshot (614).png

Screenshot (613).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines