• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link to After Effects give me an error

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Dynamic Link method to view a scene created in Character Animator and I got an error.

The error message box reads:

After Effects warning: The file (here it has the location of the file I just dragged) could not be found.

I have the items in a folder on my desktop. Do the files have to be somewhere else for Dynamic Link to work??

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Instead of dragging, does importing the .chproj file into AE from File > Import work, or give the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't recognize the file as something I can import (greyed out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops...I see the problem. I was opening an older version of After Effects. Now I have it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon. Dynamic Links till doesn't work. Import does.

However, when I play back the scene in After Effects...it plays the scene with the slower timing that I originally used to video the animation. I even tried changing the video timing in Character Animator and re-importing the file.

Thanks,

Susy Garner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the framerate of your comp the same as the Character Animator project?

What do your preview settings look like in AE? Is there enough of a cache to playback smoothly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it takes some time to cache. Works fine. FYI (incase it wasn't clear) Dynamic Link is NOT working. Its OK. Just want y'all to know incase its a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, at least something is working - feel free to file a bug report if the dynamic link error continues. Character Animator Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines