• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 3.6 not recognizing my camera anymore

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched my R 3.6 to another laptop. In 6 years it has never had an issue recognizing my camera for imports. I am using it on a new laptop and it no longer  will import photos from my camera. It does not even recognize a source when I plug it in.

please help,

shannon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera (make and model)?

What operating system?

What is the exact version of Lightroom installed? Go to Help/About Photoshop Lightroom and report the exact version number.

How did you install Lightroom 3 on your new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new MacBook last month. I was using the same MacBook for 6.5 years with my Lightroom 3.0. I have updated it as it has prompted me. Now it's version 3.6.

I contacted Lightroom Chat & they helped me install my new serial number of Lightroom 3.6 on my new MacBook Air. After I re-opened Lightroom on my new Mac it & plugged in my Canon Rebel T3i as usual to the computer it would not come up as a source. No matter what I have tried it will not recognize my camera. I plugged my camera in & opened the photo app for Mac & it recognizes my camera right away in that app. i don't know if I need to register my camera in settings or what? It's been over 6 years so I don't remember. It's ridiculous to import them into Apple photo app, then export them to the desktop & then re-import that folder into LR. A new computer & updated LR should not be harder for importing. Any help appreciate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directly connecting a camera to your computer is always a risk.

Ideally you should be using a card reader.

Card readers are faster in the transfer, need no special drivers, are less error prone, and do not drain your camera battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been doing this for over 6 years. Never had an issue and I draining my battery has never been an issue. My issue is that I can't get LR to recognize my camera anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your issue. When cameras pretend to be hard drives, there is a risk that it will stop working for multiple reasons. This is a common problem for folks after they do software updates (OS or Lightroom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines