• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import thousands AI layers

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to import AI layers that counted up to 1500 ++, this cause Ae instantly not responding.

Any ideas or suggestions to reduce this heavy process? I also believe my hardware is powerful enough to handle most heavy workload.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is too many layers. YOu'll have to simplify your AI document. You are going to run into a lot of problems with a comp with that many layers. One of them is a display bug when you get over a certain number of layers.

I've done some awfully complicated composites and graphics animations. I can't imagine a single comp with 1500 layers. I'd never make a deadline unless I simplified the project into manageable pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to your kind advice. Unfortunately I need that layers to build my animation since I can't figure out how to solve it in a smart way.

Ps. The animation is to flip all the pixels to form a map. Neither effect and plugin can do it in the way I want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Build it in sections...

Card Dance? Card Wipe? Trapcode Form.

You'll go nuts trying to do this with a bunch of layers in illustrator. I think I have visualized what you want. If it were me I'd use Card Dance and a gradient. 3D flipping of small squares - not often used but extremely powerful and very quick to render. Here's some of the basics including some tracking with Mocha....

Even more complex would be Trapcode Form:

07 - Getting Started with Trapcode Form: A series listed on the right side of the screen

Here's a tutorial from Red Giant:

As many particles and as many shapes as you want flying around in minutes instead of days.

BTW, I have vetted these tutorial sources, both of the instructors know what they are talking about. You have to be very careful when you search YouTube for tutorials because most of them are delivered by folks with very little experience and offer little help that will do you good in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I'm stuck in an awkward situation where I'm forced to use a map that built from pixels at first. This give me issue to use card wipe, dance, or even trapcode.

Anyway, I'll give it a try to Form and see how far can I go. Thanks and have a nice day, Sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import the map as a single layer - footage.

If you need to assemble the map then you can use a custom shatter map and a gradient to control the shatter, then pre-compose and time remap and bingo your map is assembled from pieces as little as 4 pixels square.

There are a zillion ways to do this that are way more efficient than creating 1500 + layers in Illustrator.

It would really help if we had a better idea of exactly what you are trying to accomplish. I've used Shatter a bunch of times to make maps and charts form from what appear to be particles. It just takes a few minutes to set up the composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Food for thought:

If your system isn't responding, then that's a firm sign that it can't handle the workflow of a AI with 1,500 layers.

Does each layer need to animate separate from the other?

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi alive,

How did you end up solving your issue? We are curious! If you still need help, also let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines