• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New path from shape?

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a heart shape. I want text to curve around inside the shape.  However, through my google searches, I cannot seem to find a way to do this.

Any advice?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

With the Shape Layer selected one can duplicate its Vector Mask’s path in the Paths Panel by dragging its icon on the »Create new oath«-icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the Type tool and hover over the outside edge of the shape.  The cursor will change, and you'll be good to go.

[EDIT]  Incidentally, to answer the question in your subject line:

1. Use the Direct Selection tool and drag around the shape to make all of its point active.
  2. Use Ctrl c (Cmd c) to copy those points.
  3. Click on the new path icon in the Paths panel.
  4. Select the new path, and use Ctrl v (Cmd v) to paste.  You now have a work path identical to the Custom Shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Shape Layer selected one can duplicate its Vector Mask’s path in the Paths Panel by dragging its icon on the »Create new oath«-icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler wrote:

Hah!  I didn't think to try that, and it's my go to method to save a new work path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions people! I will have to try some of those. Currently I figured out how to drag a shape but have it set to path.

I'm not sure if my problem would occur on others (and I could make a new post), but now when I have text go along the path it is upside down and backwards.

Are there any videos out there to show how to fix this? I've read explanations and I can't follow.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stevenp15666665 wrote:

I'm not sure if my problem would occur on others (and I could make a new post), but now when I have text go along the path it is upside down and backwards.

Thanks!

Select the work path and the Direct Selection tool (white arrow)

Hover above the text, and the cursor will change.

Drag down to move inside the path.  You can also rotate it to the bottom of the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines