• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank template with head turns?

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the blank template incredibly useful.  Organization is a struggle for me, so not having to go to the help docs and parse out what layers i need, what i should name them and how i should structure them makes life a whole lot easier.

I was wondering if it would be possible to provide a version of the blank template that includes groups for all the head turn positions (and any other tags Ch might be looking for).

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

I made a quick one here: https://adobe.ly/2jAFuHV

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a quick one here: https://adobe.ly/2jAFuHV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got a lot of "+" in there, especially considering that you're always preaching about taking it easy on marking as independent.

You have each of the heads marked as independent, as well as the mouth and eyes in each one.  Is there any reason why this would be necessary in head turns, or was that just an oversight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - you caught me. The independence isn't 100% necessary, but it has different effects as to how the parts of the face bend, how the neck stretches, etc. If things aren't independent, you may see some more visible distortion/warping as you turn because they're being pulled by the head. But it's going to depend on your character and a number of settings - you can try both ways and see what works best. This one started from the "Wilk" green monster character, and for him I think I was running into weird eye & mouth bends with some of the head views.

Bottom line: independence minimizes warping, but use with caution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a similar way to set this up in Illustrator?
So far I can't seem to put groups inside other groups (like you have folders in folders in the PSD file).

My character is vector so I'd like to stay in Illustrator if possible, but I need all these angles for the head so wondering how to do it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure - here's an AI one: https://adobe.ly/2nsquv7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even though I'm quite familiar with the structures by now I still find blank templates very helpful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines