• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect the Head's profile to the walk cycle?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have serious problems to make the head moves up and down remaining connected to the neck during the walk cycle of the body.

I attach an explanatory drawing:

cha problem.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

I've been playing with this, and so far the only way I can get the head to move with the body in Character Animator is to put a head group in another group with each leg position, and then cycle the groups. But this way is really useless if the head is to be fully functional.

However it can be done easily in After Effects by parenting the head to the body.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen cap of the groups/layers that make up your puppet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes:

Schermata 2017-01-19 alle 14.47.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if it's possible to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been playing with this, and so far the only way I can get the head to move with the body in Character Animator is to put a head group in another group with each leg position, and then cycle the groups. But this way is really useless if the head is to be fully functional.

However it can be done easily in After Effects by parenting the head to the body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in fact, I will use the ae's way.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, currently there isn't a great way to do this - I'd go the AE route for now - but we're aware of this and are actively working on better solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, i prepared many bodies of the same character depending on the different actions. and effectively this is what makes Cha: animate objects, bodies and backgrounds directly using the pen, camera, microphone and triggers.( composing in Ae).

Ps.would be nice to get the scene ready in Ae, and clicking on, go in Cha to record the animation. And once saved in cha, update in Ae. I imagine to move the object in question above the rest of the scene (non-editable)at low opacity.

Keep it up!  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines