• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro XI (11.0.19) crashing on OS X Sierra (10.12.2)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use Acrobat Pro XI (11.0.19) on a MacBook Pro running OS X Sierra (10.12.2). It frequently crashes, especially when working with forms/fields or portfolio PDFs, etc. It seems intermittent. I've tried trashing preferences and Application Support stuff for Acrobat--didn't help. See this sample crash report: Acrobat Pro Crash Report - Pastebin.com

Is it possible (how) to open a trouble ticket with Adobe for this problem?

Editing & Exporting PDFs didn't seem to be the right forum for this, but I didn't know where else to post.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people here on the forum are not Adobe staff, so posting this information here will very likely not get Adobe's attention. The only way to report a bug is by using this page: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Is this something new? The 11.0.19 update came out a few days ago. Did the previous version of Acrobat run without these crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

Is this something new? The 11.0.19 update came out a few days ago. Did the previous version of Acrobat run without these crashes?

No, we updated to 11.0.19 thinking that might correct the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes it a bit harder to figure out what's wrong. Unfortunately, unlike for Windows, there is no "repair" function, nor is there the Adobe Cleaner that can remove any traces of Acrobat from your system for us Mac users. Here is what I would do:

The things you've already tried are the same things that I would suggest. There is one more thing I would check: If you have any 3rd party plug-ins installed in Acrobat, try to disable them and see if the crashes still occur. You can do that by going into Acrobat's preferences, then select the "General" category and select to "Use only certified plug-ins" - only plug-ins from Adobe that were installed with Acrobat are certified, so any other plug-ins would no longer be loaded.

Chances are that you will not be able to work around these crashes. I work with forms a lot, and I've noticed that specially with larger forms, Acrobat XI crashes a lot. I got into the habit of saving my forms a lot while I am doing work. This way, I can easily recover after a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines