• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Initialization Error and Adobe Player is blocked because it is out of date

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I've been trying to install an update to flash in the hopes to get it working, but with no success.  I have a Windows 8.1 machine and I've been trying to install it on Chrome version 55.0.2883.87.  I keep getting the Application Initialization Error. I read a lot of posts about this on the forums and followed the suggestions but with no success.

The file I've been trying to install is:  flashplayer24pp_xa_install.exe

Also, intermittently I get a message on top that says Adobe Flash has been blocked because it is out of date.   I can't run Flash Applications from Chrome.  I checked the chrome plugins and I'm running Shockwave Flash version 23.0.0.205.

Thanks,

Tema

[moderator: removed link to file]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Google does embed Flash Player in Chrome and there is nothing to install separately.  If you're not seeing Flash Player in chrome://plugins I suspect you have a corrupt version of Chrome installed.  Have you tried completely uninstalling and re-installing Chrome?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am seeing the Flash Player in Chrome://plugins.  Adobe Flash Player - Version: 23.0.0.205

However, I'm still getting the errors I listed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome - no success there.  I tried all the suggestions on the following page: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784

Adobe Flash isn't working - Chrome Help

When I typed in chrome://components/ to the browser URL,

I saw Adobe Flash Player.  Whe I clicked update, I got 'Status - component not updated'

Chrome://plugins/ -

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 23.0.0.205 Download Critical Security Update

Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0

Version:23.0.0.205

Location:C:\Users\Temmy\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\23.0.0.205\pepflashplayer.dll

Type:PPAPI (out-of-process)

Disable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashShockwave Flash
.spl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Please try the following steps:

1. Go to location of Adobe Flash Player given for the plugin, in your case: C:\Users\Temmy\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\

2. Delete the folder : PepperFlash

3. Go to chrome://components/ and then Check for update.

4. Restart the browser

Please let us know if you are able to revolve the issue with the instructions mentioned above.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I followed the instructions.  Then, I went into chrome://components.  It said 'New'.  I clicked on 'Check for Update'.  It said 'Updater Started' and then 'Status - component not updated'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ page and select windows 10/8 option in step 1 and FP for Opera and Chromium- PPAPI in step 2

Download and install Flash Player.

Then open chrome and type chrome://plugins and click on details option on the right side.

Open the location of Adobe Flash Player given for the plugin(eg: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\21.0.0.213\pepflashplayer.dll).

Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, you will find pepflashplayer<version>.dll there. Copy the .dll and go to the chrome plugin location and place the .dll in place of old .dll and rename it to pepflashplayer.dll

Restart your browser and you will be able to use the latest Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi – I get an application initialization error before the install completes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I get an 'application initialization error' before the install completes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try rebooting your system and repeating these steps :

Rebooting resolves the issue in many cases.

Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ page and select windows 10/8 option in step 1 and FP for Opera and Chromium- PPAPI in step 2

Download and install Flash Player.

Then open chrome and type chrome://plugins and click on details option on the right side.

Open the location of Adobe Flash Player given for the plugin(eg: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\21.0.0.213\pepflashplayer.dll).

Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, you will find pepflashplayer<version>.dll there. Copy the .dll and go to the chrome plugin location and place the .dll in place of old .dll and rename it to pepflashplayer.dll

Restart your browser and you will be able to use the latest Flash Player.

Also, if you see the error message again after this, please share the error snapshot as well as the logs.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi – Rebooted. Same Error. Application Initialization Error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi temaw80148893

The online installer team is requesting the installation log files to troubleshoot the error.  The log files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, are saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs.  Upload both files to cloud.acrobt.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Are you using a proxy server?  To check do the following:

• Launch Control Panel
  • Select Internet Options
  • Select  LAN Settings
  • What options, if any are selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm not using a proxy server.  The setting that is checked is 'automatic detect settings'.

Thanks,

Temmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming.

Also, are you using anti-virus software?  If so, which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi –

I’m using Norton as my anti-virus.

Thanks,

Temmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The installation is failing due to a certificate mis-match error.  The online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  After downloading there is a check to verify the installer digital certificate is as expected.  In this case, the certificate is not authenticating.  If you're using a web proxy tool (for example, Charles Proxy) the tool could be inserting its own certificate.  It's also possible Norton Anti-Virus is the culprit.

If you're using a web proxy tool, disable it and install Flash Player.  If you're not using a web proxy tool, you can try temporarily disabling Norton Anti-Virus to confirm if it's the culprit, although, disabling anti-virus software isn't really recommended.  The alternative is to use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can also trying deleting  the 23.0.0.205 directory in C:\Users\Temmy\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\  directory, restart the browser, and then attempt to view Flash content.  In this scenario Chrome should force a Flash Player installation and install the latest version.

The Google help page Fix Chrome update problems & failed updates - Chrome Help  has steps to troubleshoot

Note that Chrome failing to update Flash Player is an issue with Google Component Updater, not Flash Player, as Google releases Flash Player updates via their Component Updater.  If you're having issues with the Component Updater not updating Flash, it's recommended you contact Google support so they are aware of the issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines