Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 is such a joke I've gone back to CC 2015.3

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously.

For ColdFusion (CF developer for over 21 years!) the code completion is a complete farce. The code "formatting" is all over the place and the built-in themes all suck.

Should never have left "beta" as I have said before. Released way too early "just to make the cut". Why bother having a beta program at all?

We were all complaining about lots of issues still not addressed in the beta for it to be pushed to a release build.

And here we are in late January 2017 and no indication of fixes forthcoming.

Rant over.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you feel better now

I've gotten use to all the problems when I use it, and would probably have a different rant, (e.g. html/css/javascript support - it's out of date).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CF issues, from what I've witnessed over the last few versions, seem intentional. Adobe has already stated they want all CF developers to move to ColdFusion Builder and have said as much in forum postings over the years. I wouldn't expect a lot of movement toward "working with CF better" for DW. Then again, they have changed their minds before...

Replacing one of the built in themes with a more usable version is now pretty simple since the 2017.0.1 update came out and should be done ASAP for sanity's sake.

Change Code Coloring in DW CC 2017.0.1

The only thing I would mention is don't bother modifying single selectors in one of the base themes like the directions talk about. Most of the selectors you'd want to modify aren't in the base themes at all. Grab the code from one on GitHub and copy it over the code of a duplicate base theme. Brackets Themes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own CF Builder. V2, V3 and V2016. They all suck. I hate them with a passion.

I want DW to do for CF like it used to do. Big mistake to rip out support for CF (an Adobe owned product) and leave support for PHP and .NET et al in. I mean WTF?

Yes they "put it back in" but I'm having strong doubts.

I am the sole developer for MULTIPLE projects for my company (www.vivaleisure.com.au) and all this crap makes my work-life so much harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DarthGuybrushOz wrote:

I want DW to do for CF like it used to do. Big mistake to rip out support for CF (an Adobe owned product) and leave support for PHP and .NET et al in. I mean WTF?

If anyone think one can develop a web site, (back-end) using C# and the .net framework using Dw, then they are completely mistaken.

I think you will find even serious PHP programmers will agree that Dw is missing 'the essentials' for PHP back-end development, so it's not just CF support that is missing.

Personally I would think that dropping all support for back-end except through extensions would be best. Let Dw concentrate on html, css and javascript, and leave everything else except the basics for back-end work up to the extension developer. If they will not support it then there is no profitable margin in doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines