• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Entry Point Not Found Error

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Adobe Acrobat DC, but when I click tools it gives me this error message.

AdobeAcrobatDC_Error.jpg

I have tried to download Microsoft VC as it was recommended in a different post, but it didn't work.

I have no problem viewing the document, but as soon as I hit tools, it pops up this image and it does not go away even if I press okay. I have to end the application through task manager or it won't ever close.

Please help me.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that there is something wrong with your installation of Acrobat. The first thing I would try is to repair the application. On Windows, you can find the "Repair" option in Acrobat's or Reader's Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried that but didn't help.

Do I need to reinstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because we don't know what's wrong, I would continue my troubleshooting with a reinstall. It looks like you are running on Windows, so  I would recommend that you also run the Acrobat Cleaner (Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ) after you uninstall Acrobat and before you install it again. If this still does not fix the problem, you will have to work with somebody from Adobe's support: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your input.

When I try to do repair install, it just starts and does not leave me any notification messages. Is that normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you fix problem? my one just started doing the same thing same error I did repair install also but made no difference, I'm on windows 10   had no errors till now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thought is that antivirus software could cause this sort of thing. This is not a definite cause, just a possibility. It's something to consider if you just changed or upgraded your antivirus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just deleted and reinstalled it. That seems to do its job.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines