• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any good solutions to export InDesign to a web flip-book without Flash?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use a workflow for a business journal that takes a multi-page InDesign file converted to PDF, and converts it to a Flash based flip book style web page. This has worked just fine for years, however I need to get away from Flash and to a more Smartphone friendly / non-Flash system.

I did searches and found plenty of services etc - but I was wondering if any of you had some experience with some of these options and could recommend the best solution? Or better yet.. an Adobe solution that wouldn't require the third party app?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered Publish Online? It is essentially a fixed layout EPUB.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second Mike's suggestion. It is everything a flip-book could be except it doesn't "flip" the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, I"m trying to test this option now - it would be easier to keep it all Adobe, but also I have to consider whether this is a good archive solution. Will Adobe limit or remove this in the future? Who knows.. but depending on it as a long term solution is a little risky I think. I don't mind not having a flipping page look, I just need to be able to have links for when stories continue on a separate page and links from ads to their respective websites.

I do like that it may take a lot of steps out of the creative process.. which the K.I.S.S. principle is my favorite!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, those apps are Windows.. I'm all Mac based! Thanks for the information though, appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that one! ha! I'll check it out! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done with in5 directly from InDesign on both Mac and Windows:
https://ajarproductions.com/blog/2017/11/07/how-to-make-an-html5-flipbook-with-interactivity-from-in...

***Disclaimer: I am the creator of in5***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, in5 is the way to create different types of interactive documents – it's an InDesign plug-in (at extra cost): https://ajarproductions.com

in5_easy_export.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines