• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full file path intermittently doesn't show in MacOS Sierra when relinking in InDesign 2017

Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to link something in InDesign, it just pops to the folder and doesn’t show the path (even though I have it selected to show the path)… Not ideal when I have to relink a ton of images in a portfolio

Closing out of the window and relinking will sometimes bring the full path, but it is hit or miss. This started happening after the update to MacOS Sierra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking about the top line of your screen shot, where it says Place and not Relink and the path, as expected?

InDesign CCss_013.png

Does deleting prefs help?

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

If not, maybe you want to file a bug report:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not quite, you see how you have your path documents/aeris, well there is a longer path to my screen shot but instead it just shows the one folder.

I tried to delete prefs (as per my other question on the forum but the shift+control+option+command wouldn't prompt it (I've tried the same thing on CS 6 on another machine and I deleted prefs right away so it isn't something I am doing wrong).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see it now. I'm still on El Capitan because of the issues with the Sierra upgrade, so maybe it's Sierra?

Did you try the alternate way to delete prefs? If you read through that link, you can locate and delete files to accomplish the same thing as pressing all the keys.

Otherwise, it's time to report it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is what you mean, I don't seem to have that problem with Sierra and InDesign CC 2017. I'm seeing a full path:

InDesign CC203.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah no, it's more in the folder views, sometimes it shows just one folder or the other paths leading to the one folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not understanding what you're meaning. What do you mean? Can you mark it on your screen capture?

I've been regularly using InDesign on two computers with Sierra for some time and haven't observed anything unusual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So column view is selected and only the folder "Final Marketing Photoshop.." is showing in the column view, there should be the other folder before it on the other columns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not seeing a problem. You know you can click on the Enclosing Folder icon above, and see the hierarchy of files so you can navigate back up the hierarchy (shown below)?

InDesign CC204.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah yes i do know that, i just wanted to see if it were a bug or not, since currently it's not acting normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get it resovled? I'm having the smae issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines