• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe in ipad

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have an ipad having ios 9.3.5. version with adobe app being installed in it. i am a avid reader and i have to study a lot which includes highlighting some text and make some notes / or make some additions into it. these are the features provided in adobe. but after highlighting the text in pdf file, it is being un-higlighted the very next time i start reading. in this way whatever i have done previously is wasted. any fix to this issue? please sort it out.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry for the lost highlight changes.

Would you please check if the problem happens with a particular PDF document or all of your PDF documents?  Is the PDF document stored on your iPad, Adobe Document Cloud, or other cloud storage (e.g. iCloud, Dropbox)?

Acrobat Reader automatically saves changes, when you close an open PDF document.

Would you add a couple of more highlight annotations to your problematic PDF document, close it by going back to the file browser, and immediately reopen it to see if the highlight changes have been saved?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,I checked it and found that few documents stored as pdf save the changes while some don't when I close the document. All documents are saved on the device. There is a possibility that large/ heavy documents do not store highlight changes.I tried making many highlight changes in that document, but it is not stored/ saved.Thank you,Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the app version of Acrobat Reader for iPad and iPhone?

Would you be willing to share your PDF document with us (Adobe) so that we can investigate the problem?

I've sent you a forum private message with the instructions on how to share a file with us.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your PDF document with us.

I downloaded your PDF document from Dropbox and opened it in Acrobat Pro DC (desktop app) first.

Unfortunately, your PDF document is damaged/corrupted beyond repair.

Problem1.png

Problem2.png

I do not know exactly what happened to your PDF document. 

My guess is that

(a) some parts of the PDF document was lost when it was copied to your iPad or

(b) pre-existing PDF syntax errors in the PDF document caused Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad to fail to properly save highlight changes.

I tried to save the PDF document in Acrobat Pro DC (desktop app) to repair the damage.  But as you can see in the screenshots above, Acrobat Pro was not able to fix the damage.  (I believe that your PDF document had already been damaged before you uploaded it to Dropbox for sharing.)

You may be able to continue viewing the PDF document.  However, neither Acrobat Pro DC nor Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad can save highlight changes to the PDF document any more.

I'd recommend obtaining a new copy of the same PDF document ("Robbins....pdf") and starting over.  In the mobile or desktop version of Acrobat Reader, add a couple of highlight annotations, close and reopen it to see if the highlight annotations are saved.

I am sorry for your troubles.  But there is not much we can do to the damaged PDF document.

Pease let us know if you have additional questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

We found the same PDF document (with the same filename and file size) online and concluded that the original PDF document already has the invalid page number problem as shown in the first screenshot in my reply #4 in this forum thread.

The good new is that I was able to repair the problem!

I shared the repaired PDF document with you via Adobe Document Cloud.  Please check the private forum message that I sent you.

You can add a couple of highlight annotations, close the document to save changes, and reopen it to see if the highlight changes are saved to the document correctly.

Please let us know what you find.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,I checked the adobe cloud on i pad but could not found any link or file on that. Can you please again share it with me?Thank you,Amit Kumar Dahiya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amit,

I shared the link to the repaired PDF document via a forum private message.  It won't appear in your Document Cloud storage.

You will get an email notification from the Adobe forum and also see a notification in your forum inbox.

To check your forum inbox

1. Launch a web browser.
  2. Go to https://forums.adobe.com/
  3. Click the "Sign in" button in the top bar.
  4. Sign in with your Adobe ID for Adobe forums.
  5. Click the orange icon with a number in the top bar.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 11.17.17 AM.png

Please find the link in the message in your inbox.  You should be able to click the link in the message and download the repaired PDF document that I shared with you.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.

Please let us know if you can add highlight annotations to the repaired PDF document and save changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines