• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks not showing up in Printed Documentation

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2008 Aug 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I'm evaluating Robohelp 7 and all seems to be working ok except for printing the documentation to PDF, (or word for that matter) but that isn't so much of a concern at this point. When I get to the second screen of the wizard to organize the chapter layout and choose to do this from the TOC, some of my bookmarks do not show but some do. I can't see what a difference to determine why some do and some do not show up there.

Anyone have any suggestions. I would be grateful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2008 Aug 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Are you using conditional tags?

Is your project on your local drive?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

Currently I am not using conditional tags, I did create some to see if that would solve my problem but it didn't so I removed them.

Yes the project is on my local drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

Currently I am not using conditional tags, I did create some to see if that would solve my problem but it didn't so I removed them.

Yes the project is on my local drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any spaces in the bookmark names?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of them have spaces, (the spaces are denoted by underscore marks) and some of them don't. Neither are showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Underscores do not denote spaces. They are used by RH instead of spaces. I wanted to be sure there were no real spaces.

Originally you said some bookmarks show and some don't. Now none?

The bookmarks are in topics that are in the TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion what I meant is of the bookmarks that aren't showing up some of them have spaces (not actual spaces), and some have none.

Upon looking further at the TOC I did notice a difference in the bookmarks that are showing up and the ones that are not. The ones that are showing have a # symbol rather than the underscore. I tried changing one of the ones that isn't showing but it didn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries but just needed to be certain there were no spaces like those between these words. Underscores count as characters for this purpose but the # symbol is not one I would use.

First try creating a new print layout. If that fails, can you send me the project via http://www.transferbigfiles or similar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you for the offer! I haven't been able to try your last suggestion yet but will definitely try it as soon as I get a chance (tomorrow). If that doesn't work I will send the project to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received a link from transferbigfiles. Is this your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that link is to my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Kevin

I have just received an email from you. I sent a reply yesterday so please check your emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp