• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I 'Get Media' a 2nd time?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded (Get Media) to the wrong folder, then deleted it from the wrong folder, thinking I could simply download (Get Media) it again correctly.

But the files do not show them to be available to re download.

No, I did not "Delete files after download".

The PC is a windows PC.

Elements 11 release.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Look in your Recycle Bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you say you "downloaded (Get Media) to the wrong folder, then deleted the wrong folder"?

Where did you get the media from? Is the media still on this device?

What folder did you delete and from where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get the media from?

I downloaded videos from my video camera.

What do you mean when you say you "downloaded (Get Media) to the wrong folder, then deleted the wrong folder"?

I deleted individual video files from the folder I did not want them in.  The folder was not deleted.

Is the media still on this device?

I think it is still on the device, BUT, that is part of the issue.  When I go to download files, they do not show up on the list of files to download.  I did not have Elements delete the transferred files after downloading, that is why I think they are still there.

What folder did you delete and from where?

I created sub directories on my PC.. this is what I am calling folders (Windows 10) The folders have not been deleted.  I just picked the wrong folder to download them into.

Camera is a Sony Video + picture camera.  Is not a 35mm camera. HDR-XR160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in your Recycle Bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peru Bob.  Yes I have done that and got the video files in the right place(folder). 

Everything is still on the camcorder.

I think this feature of downloading files from camcorder to PC, and having them not appear to be downloaded again later, is a desireable feature.  However, there are always 'exceptions to the rule' and  I was trying to use Elements to fix my situation.

So I will leave it at that.

thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next time you put the in the wrong folder, dont delete, just move them to the correct folder with Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, alrider. I'm just not clear what you've done.

It sounds like you get media from your camcorder, then you deleted it. But you don't know if it is still on your camcorder.

I think the first step is clearly to figure out if your video is still on your camcorder -- which should be easy enough to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, easy solution, Bob!

Al, please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines