Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Skipping out / Ram issue

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a simple video with 2 audio files and a .MOV file. My comp is about 35 seconds long. I have already set my cache to an external drive using 75 gb and cleared the disk cache currently.

I'm using Adobe Creative Cloud version 2014.1.1 release, version 13.1.1.3

68% of 8gb is used up.

The problem:

Of course when I render the audio separate, it's fine. When I try to preview it all together, nothing plays past half way, and the audio cuts in and out up to that point. Beyond that, it goes no further. The video is too large? I also tried previewing at quarter.

Previous experience with Ae is with illustrator graphics and audio only. Never used a .MOV file before.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bad combination of circumstance: All CC versions have issues with Quicktime files just like they do with audio output. Other than experimenting with the audio preferences and other such settings you might try converting your files to other formats in external tools.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course when I render the audio separate, it's fine. When I try to preview it all together, nothing plays past half way, and the audio cuts in and out up to that point. Beyond that, it goes no further. The video is too large? I also tried previewing at quarter.
  1. are you playing back cached frames? the only guaranteed real-time playback with Ae is of cached frames.
  2. what exact Ae version and OS version are you using
  3. see if checking off "hardware acceleration" under preferences->display makes a difference (if it's not grayed-out)

also know this - Ae is not designed to give a real-time playback instantly (like Premiere for example). this ability has been greatly improved in recent versions and you can see cases where a single video+audio can actually be played back in real-time right from the start (because it caches to RAM real fast). sometimes it's not the case.

maybe this would help:

Preview without rendering in After Effects

FAQ: How can I play or preview sound (audio)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhope,

Did you find a solution yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines