• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects to AME Doesn't Match Source

Engaged ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that you can't export to mp4 directly from AE anymore (using Adobe Media Encoder to create H.264, MPEG-2, and WMV videos from After Effects | Creative Clou... ), so I did the second method mentioned on that page.

Steps

I clicked on Composition > Add To Adobe Media Encoder Queue. An instance of AME launched and the composition appeared in the render queue as expected.

Problem

The project settings didn't match. The original AE project is 1920x1080.

screenshot1.jpg

But it loaded into AME's queue as 480x270.

screenshot2.jpg

Workaround

I exported the project to avi from AE instead, then opened the avi file in AME's render queue, and everything matched.

screenshot3.jpg

Any thoughts on why the project doesn't match the source when I try to add the comp to AME directly? I'm using the latest version of AE CC 2017 (14.0.1.5) and AME CC 2017. Hopefully I'm just overlooking a simple setting here.

The only thing I can think of is that AME matched the resolution in the project settings (which was Quarter 480x270 as seen in the first screenshot), but I don't recall that being the normal behavior. If it is, I'll change the resolution when I have a moment and see if it loads into AME properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016
but I don't recall that being the normal behavior. If it is, I'll change the resolution when I have a moment and see if it loads into AME properly.

it's not normal. it's a bug. read here: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017

a workaround that's not listed there is use the "Queue in AME" feature which is a superior method anyway, and you won't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I don't recall that being the normal behavior. If it is, I'll change the resolution when I have a moment and see if it loads into AME properly.

it's not normal. it's a bug. read here: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017

a workaround that's not listed there is use the "Queue in AME" feature which is a superior method anyway, and you won't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've had so many problems with the latest CC software and this is the first time one of them is actually a known issue, so I hadn't even bothered to check that list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help. please let us all know of problems so we can learn something new and save some trouble ahead of time. I find CC2017 stable and the bugs in this release are less annoying than the previous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hyperphonics,

Update Premiere Pro, AME, and After Effects. This issue should be fixed now with the update.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines