• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurb book using Lightroom book module and pdf download

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a book in Lightroom using the Blurb book module.  Using Lightroom I downloaded the book to pdf on my desktop.  I had to go to another site to upload the book to Blurb since my home has slow upload speeds.  My external hard drive containing my whole catalog of photos for Lightroom then mechanically failed. 

1. Can I do something with my pdf desktop files to make my book in Blurb?

2. Will the resolution be the same as my original in Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Sounds like you did the right thing, and your book will be great!

The PDF from Lr will have the necessary quality suitable for the book you designed.

Uploading the PDF to Blurb, external to Lightroom, did not occur to me to mention in my previous post. (brain lapse)

OTOH if you have lost all the original images that cannot be recovered, then the PDF is going to be the only source to recover the photos.

Of interest- my PDF for a 10x8in book with single image pages- shows the images very well for a sc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can I do something with my pdf desktop files to make my book in Blurb?

1. No.  The PDF is what it is! and cannot be used in Lightroom. At best you may be able to create 'Snapshots' in a PDF reader and use those images in a 'new' book.

2. Will the resolution be the same as my original in Lightroom?

2. No. That will depend on the resolution of the PDF and the size of the PDF image on your screen.

If you have backup copies of your photos that Lightroom can access then- yes, you will be able to re-construct the book in Lightroom. You do have backup copies on another drive? yes?

I have just tried the exercise using a Book pdf viewed in Foxit Reader (Full screen, enlarged size), Alt+7 copies a page to clipboard, paste image to Photoshop. The image looks quite acceptable on screen. With some further editing it may re-construct OK.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up just going to Blurb and using their upload pdf, put my pages pdf

and cover pdf in their upload boxes and after a bit, all had uploaded.

Since it took a while I am hopeful that the resolution is high. These

pdf's were created within the Lightroom book module where it says save to

pdf. I haven't yet received the book, so I don't know if there is any

problem. Thanks for help offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you did the right thing, and your book will be great!

The PDF from Lr will have the necessary quality suitable for the book you designed.

Uploading the PDF to Blurb, external to Lightroom, did not occur to me to mention in my previous post. (brain lapse)

OTOH if you have lost all the original images that cannot be recovered, then the PDF is going to be the only source to recover the photos.

Of interest- my PDF for a 10x8in book with single image pages- shows the images very well for a screen-clip exercise on my 27inch monitor.

ScreenShot074.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your thoughtful and timely responses... I haven't used

these forums before, and I am new to Lightroom, and am a bit elderly... but

I try to push through. Indeed, I had no other back up for my pics than the

external hard drive that failed (me). I am now moved to try Dropbox, ....

clearly I need to do double back ups.... ugh!

Thanks again.

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines