• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assign keyword to one photo at a time

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom 5, working in Library grid view, I have one photo highlighted in the grid.  I'm trying to assign existing keywords to just this photo, but every time I assign a keyword, the keyword attaches to every photo in the folder.  What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Hi Nancy,

Just looking at your screen-clip.

What Keyword are you trying to assign to this one photo selected?

If it is "Genovesa" you can assign it by clicking in the box to the left of the Keyword "Genovesa" when the cursor hovers over. It will then show '1' instead of '0'

If you had 3 photos selected- clicking the box would add "Genovesa" to 3 photos and show '3'

The Keyword list shows that you have 150 photos keyworded with "Galapagos" and the panel above is displaying all keywords attached to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have only one photo selected?

Can you show us a screen capture of the one photo selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you assigning the keyword to this one photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried a few ways:

Clicked into Keyword Tag box and typed

Made a Keyword set and selected from the set

Selected an item in the keyword list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

Just looking at your screen-clip.

What Keyword are you trying to assign to this one photo selected?

If it is "Genovesa" you can assign it by clicking in the box to the left of the Keyword "Genovesa" when the cursor hovers over. It will then show '1' instead of '0'

If you had 3 photos selected- clicking the box would add "Genovesa" to 3 photos and show '3'

The Keyword list shows that you have 150 photos keyworded with "Galapagos" and the panel above is displaying all keywords attached to the one selected photo (which in this case is one keyword "Galapagos" until you add another!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines