• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix "Sorry, something went wrong while searching Adobe Stock. Please try again."

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I just installed a trial version of Adobe Photoshop 2017 to my Laptop PC to see and test out what's new with this software. I have signed-in with my Adobe ID and updated to latest version 2017.0.1 via Creative Cloud.

While I could search for Adobe Stock in stock.adobe.com (and add Preview to My Library and it would appear on my Photoshop Library), I couldn't do the search from within the Photoshop Libraries. It shows "Sorry, something went wrong while searching Adobe Stock. Please try again." error message. How do I fix this?

Cheers.

Hendra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Found the solution myself. Apparently it is incompatible with Lavasoft Ad-Aware Web Companion as a whole. The previous method of renaming the dll files fixes the Adobe Photoshop crash on load but apparently still causing issue with Adobe Stock.

I uninstalled Lavasoft Ad-Aware Web Companion and now Photoshop works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried:

- reinstall

- signing out and signing in

- restart computer

I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 Laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you have the Creative Cloud Desktop app installed. Is File Syncing on?

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 11.08.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also search for Stock through the Desktop app?

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 12.13.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Sync is ON.

Searching through CC (the screenshot you gave), type "Piano" and press enter will open up my Chrome with this link

Piano photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock

I suppose that's what it suppose to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could click on "Save Preview to My Library" on that page and it would appear on Photoshop. But I was expecting to be able to search from within the program itself just like what I saw on a number of Youtube demo/tutorial videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should be able to search inside the Library Panel, so now that I'm satisfied you have a good connection, I'll see what I can find out.

If you connect to the Adobe Stock website and click on the Libraries tab, are your Libraries listed?

Also since you are on a Trial, I'm not sure if that's a Trial limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I have to leave. You should also ask in the Adobe Stock forum and see if someone there may know why your Libraries Panel will not do the Search.

Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. my libraries are listed. I even created a new library from Photoshop and it appears on that Adobe Stock website.

Curiously I just installed on a brand new computer I bought for my staff and it works there. Not sure why it doesn't work on my computer.

One thing to note is the program actually crash immediately after I open it up, but after following the fix here

Photoshop CC 2017 crashes on opening

and renamed my LavasoftTcpService64.dll to Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll the Photoshop runs fine. This issue doesn't occur on the new install on that new computer.

Not sure if these two problems are related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution myself. Apparently it is incompatible with Lavasoft Ad-Aware Web Companion as a whole. The previous method of renaming the dll files fixes the Adobe Photoshop crash on load but apparently still causing issue with Adobe Stock.

I uninstalled Lavasoft Ad-Aware Web Companion and now Photoshop works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know. I knew about the Web Companion causing Ps to crash on launch, but I did not know it caused problems in the Adobe Stock search via the Library Panel.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines