• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Heeeeeeeelp! Muse doesnt Sync with Business Catalyst

Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have many sites, made with Muse and hosted on Business Catalyst.

The reason for this, is when Muse came officially out in summer of 2013,

Adobe was also promoting us with the Business catalyst "all in one solution" i jumped right in (kinda proudly)
and became an Adobe business Catalyst Premium Partner... Yes folks, 2000$ so i could rebrand their backend!

At the time i though it was great, but soon realized, that i was heading full steam right into the biggest iceberg.

Not going to enumerate all the ticketing and bugs reported since (most of them not even fixed)

But i will say this:

Last year, without notice, Adobe changed the link on the EDIT button (in the BC backend) so users would be redirected to the new and improved

Adobe Muse "in browser editing"... i had a bunch of phone calls from clients, they didn't know what is was and could't edit their sites.

Me and a whole lot of Muse / BC Premium Partners panicked and demanded BC to fix the issues, (cos clients were seing the Muse logo instead of ours) which they did with apologies...

Now Today, i just realized that all my muse sites aren't syncing with the BC version.

i of course, went to chat support, got the chance to speak with Anshul Sharma...

« Yves Dubois (Thu, 1/19/2017, 06:41:42 pm)
Hi i have a problem... my sites (made in Muse) dont sync with BC... is there a known issue that i am not aware of?

Anshul Sharma (Thu, 1/19/2017, 06:42:18 pm)
No there is no such report, Could you please elaborate your query ?

Yves Dubois (Thu, 1/19/2017, 06:43:59 pm)
Well, i if i click on "sync with Web version" nothing happens... pretty vital option »

After explaining so he could understand,

this is the answer he gave me :

« Anshul Sharma (Thu, 1/19/2017, 06:48:18 pm)
Okay, in this case, you will need to contact the IBE team via http://feedback.inbrowserediting.com/ so that they may further look into this. »

Yes folks, A premium service.

Please can someone tell me what the **** is going on?

I have a bunch of work to do, my client need me,

Best regards,

yd.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Hi all,

We need your help in investigating this issue. Please send me your email ID and phone number over a private message so that we can get in touch with you for further investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone answer this Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Forumname wrote:

Last year, without notice, Adobe changed the link on the EDIT button

they gave notice Updating editing experience for Adobe Muse sites

I really HATE the new system too and it sucks that Adobe took a one size fits everyone path with this but they did give notice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am going to be in so much trouble if Muse file dont sync with online (bc) site.

y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trouble is a big word i know... i guess i mean overloaded with work and angry clients

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Forumname wrote:

i am going to be in so much trouble if Muse file dont sync with online (bc) site.

y.

not sure what you mean by this but you can log in to your Adobe bc portal and adjust the edit settings by hand on a site by site option if that helps?

new portal login = http://www.businesscatalyst.com/Admin/Index.aspx?to=PartnerPortal

Screenshot (631).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a Muse User?

Sites that have been published to BC using Muse, can be edited by clients via, what BC use to call the ICE (in context editor)

Clients would perform the edits as much as they wanted...

Whenever the Designer (Me) has to do modification to the structure of a site, He receives a notification that the remote version (on BC)

was modified... Muse prompts the designer to merge the changes with the Muse file... (sync with web version)

Well... this doesnt work anymore.

undestand?

y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is changing from BC to another provider an option for you?

Stop paying them for BC – this might help faster.

Disadvantage of other providers: You get the notification of changes from Muse only, when you open the certain Musefile.

You then get prompted to each change and get asked if you want to merge this and that`s it (I think you know this already, right?).

Another disadvantage: you cannot fit in your logo. It works only with inbrowserediting.com.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cloud server running Linux all is good and im planning to move all my BC sites away from its bullshit improvisation...

the problem i have right now is i need the sync to work.

It used to work, it is suppose to work, i expect it to work cos my clients need it to work and because i paid 2000$ to become a premium partner on the 5 in 1 BC solution.

Every year they pull à friggin rabbit out of their hat!

how many of us are in this situation?

y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Forumname wrote:

was modified... Muse prompts the designer to merge the changes with the Muse file... (sync with web version)

Well... this doesnt work anymore.

yes thats everyone not just your account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since when, so you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, could you please fix what was working.

(or give me back my BC premium membership fee)

y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you change to your own server, you have a lot of work in front.

Syncing must be done by hand, I guess. Search the actual website, copy and paste it to your Muse File.

At the moment (as far as I don`t know, which gadgets you have ), I would recommend to use Muse 2015.2.

There are some strange bugs with the latest version (if not yout BC issue depends on 2017.0?).

I would first again try to connect directly with ADOBE.

At the end it depends on how many websites you call to action at BC.

By the way, it could get quite tricky to change hosting from BC to any other webhost.

They must help you. Hope the best for you on following monday – keep your head up. Explain your client ...

Best Regards

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe, buddy, thanks for helping keep this discussion alive.

You understand, that "Sync with Web version" from the Muse file was a perk... even before Muse was able to publish via FTP to standard servers... That is why i paid the "one time fee" at BC... back in 2013. it always worked.

sync.png

It stopped working? this is reason of this posting

strangely enough we still have this option (useless btw.):

manageBC.png

Attention, calling Adobe Muse team, the reason why i am here posting like an imbecile, is because the great BC chat support didn't know what to do and recommended me to ask you.

i would like someone to tell me what is going on.

thank you, i kinda urgent.

y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Forumname wrote:

strangely enough we still have this option (useless btw.):

manageBC.png

logs you into the admin page for the site you are working on... assumes you host it with Adobe BC but it works at my end

p.s, sorry I don't know as of what date the ibe sync stopped working as I'm not a fan... it was slow before xmas and stopped working some time after that. I assume Adobe has a team on it but they are also taking the support system apart and patching new cloud options into the old beast that is BC so 'we get there when we get there"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a test with a Muse site hosted on a standard hosting... It sees everything.

This is strictly a Business Catalyst issues.

It stopped working, without any warning. now they indecently dump it in the in Browser Editor's backyard.

(

« Anshul Sharma (Thu, 1/19/2017, 06:48:18 pm)

Okay, in this case, you will need to contact the IBE team via http://feedback.inbrowserediting.com/ so that they may further look into this. »

)

How can we reach the IBE team beside the link above?

i'm angry.

y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should try via the chat-option, I propose. I would stop only, if they have a solution.

Maybe telephone chat in your country is best, as they couldn`t hang up if you don`t.

Would be nice (and professional) if they send a notification to well paying customers like you, right?

Is there any ADOBE out there?

Head up ...

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We need your help in investigating this issue. Please send me your email ID and phone number over a private message so that we can get in touch with you for further investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done,

Thank you

yd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran since you ask this, i never heard from you guys again...

what is going on?

I just checked, and it is still not working...

i also found this:

musebcibe.png

IT was working before and since 2013 (that why i became a BC premium partner... (a paid 2k)

Come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really a pity, isn`t it? Did you hear from Preran? The one who was asking for your email? No solution till then? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may be worth clearing cookies if other people have trouble with basic sign in to bc... in FF

Screenshot (671).png

Screenshot (655).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the current status?

We are also dependent on the synchronization.

Is there a bugfix? a deadline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody ever came back to me...

but the billing occurs every month.

How come i'm feeling Adobe let me down whenever it is related to BC...

... anyway,

if someone knows something,

please post it here.

yd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does this apply to you?

​"Note: Websites that belong to a rebranded partner portal will not be redirected to IBE and will continue to use Business Catalyst's In-Context Editor which does not offer sync functionality with Adobe Muse." - this was found here: http://feedback.inbrowserediting.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines