• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When starting a new recording, red recording frame shows, but gray box with Settings/Record/Cancel does not

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using my Captivate 3 successfully for many moons now. However, now when I go to create a new recording, I choose Custom size/Full Screen/Application. The red recording box appears, but the corresponding pop up box that allows users to select which program to record, which mode (manual/full motion) to use and the "record" button does not show up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate 3. I've downloaded all the updates. I am stuck. To escape the red box, I must right-click on Captivate in the Windows taskbar and exit the program. Please help. I am getting behind on my work. My environment has not changed (that I am aware of). I cannot think of what may have happened to cause this, but I could use any suggestions you have. I work remotely and feel like I'm living on an island called "Technology Hell".
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008
Hi there

It may be that you need to reset your Captivate settings file.
The thread linked below should help you accomplish that.
Click here to read the thread

Please let us know if that helps or not.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It may be that you need to reset your Captivate settings file.
The thread linked below should help you accomplish that.
Click here to read the thread

Please let us know if that helps or not.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick - Thank you so much!!

Not only are you an awesome instructor (was in your class in Houston), but you have just saved me! This worked immediately and perfectly. I can't thank you enough as no one else in my company is familiar with Captivate and when I get stuck, I have nobody to whom I can turn. You are my hero today. Thanks so much. Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources