• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign creating double lines

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the pen tool, pencil tool or line tool my Indesign 6.0 is creating two lines - a blue line and a black line.

Why is it making two lines when I am expecting (and wanting) only one line?  I checked the stroke pane, but don't see anything wrong there.  I Googled this problem, but no answer. I made a PDF (to test if one was a guide line) and both lines are printing -- the blue line and black line.

Please respond to my email [Personal information removed by moderator as per forum policy] because I don't know how to read discussion answers.  In fact, it took me half an hour of clicking to get to this point and I don't know how to get back here.

Thank You, John

[Moved from Forum comments​ to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curtisp58162868 wrote:

I don't know how to read discussion answers. In fact, it took me half an hour of clicking to get to this point and I don't know how to get back here.

Thank You, John

Please see here:

Getting Started on the Adobe Forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isn't the blue line the path, and the black the stroke? What happens when you print?

In InDesign, the path is the original shape (the line), and the stroke is the formatting that you assign to it.

InDesign CCss_023.png

When you deselect the path, the blue line is no longer visible, and will not print.

InDesign CCss_024.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines