• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad conversion of ellipses to &ldots;

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH7 and all my ... characters are replaced by &ldots; which does not appear to be a valid HTML entity and is not recognised by Internet Explorer or Firefox 3. I've converted some by adding the Insert HTML Symbol route.
These work but why does RH7 produce an illegal tag? Can this be tweaked in the program settings somewhere so that it can be replaced by a legal code (…)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What I'm about to suggest may be a bit of a long shot, but you never know.

When you create your output, have you tried enabling the W3C compliance option? My thought here is that if the entity isn't really valid, maybe that would cause a change.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope Rick won't mind me coming in but this looks a bit like a variant of a bug that was in the initial release and fixed in one of the patches. Do you have the patches applied and were they applied before the project was upgraded?

See Using RH7 on my site.

UPDATE: I am assuming this is occurring after an upgrade. If not, then back to Rick.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ipblythe,

Welcome to the forum!

(Rick, you have a birthday and forget your manners?)

Look at the html code in the source file to see how the ellipses are coded when they don't work, compared to when they do work.

Unless you specified it when installing, the windows character set isn't valid in RH 7, which has its own system for some of the special characters and converts them on output to W3C standards for UTF-8. You'll see them between tags like this:

<robohelp> xxxxxxx </robohelp>

Use the find/replace function to make your ellipses consistent.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp