• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive pdf with multiple pages that actually are multiple files, how can I imply all the files in one pdf?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on an interactive pdf made by multiple files.

The link between every file (every file is a single page pdf) is thru buttons and the action "open file" that I set up into InDesign, so I can go back and forth between the different pages like in a website.

Now, if I copy the main pdf page in another computer I can't open the other links because are not found.

How can I imply all the other files into one single document without those pages being seen?

I tried to do a portfolio but it's not exactly what I'm after because in a way or another the pages are visible like on a gallery and the butons of the pages stops working.

Help please...

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Enricop7748602,

You may use combine file option to combine all interactive pdf's in one single pdf.

How to combine files: you may visit this page: Merge PDFs, combine files into one PDF | Adobe Acrobat DC

Also, a heads up. If any of the two or more than two files have common field name, once you combine the files those fields may share the common data. That is a technical limitation.

Hope that answers your query. Let us know if this helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how the links in the various PDF files were created?

There are absolute links where the path on a computer/network is fully named and then there are relative links where the directory relationship is based on  the relationship from the open document to the linked document by moving up, down, or across the directory structure and when the file or files are moved the entire set of files and there directories above a common base directory must be maintained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all the pages in InDesign and created interactive pdfs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good observation gkaiseril, infact @tariq dar, it looks like it works but if I open the binder into another computer the other "implied" pages into the binder are no longer found.

I don't understand where should I check...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Binders are old and not longer available. There are Portfolios that is unique to Adobe Acrobat/Reader programs and some other non-Adobe products. Also these products work differently on mobile devices than they do on a desktop or laptop computer. If you put PDF into a Portfolio inter-document links will no longer work since the file directory is created entirely within the Portfolio by application code and you need to recreate all the links within the PDFs by changing the links to "Go to a page view" and setting the page to view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines