• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't play anything in AE without app crashing

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of how complex my composition is, anytime I try to playback anything in AE I get a pinwheel and the composition plays back over and over and over. The spacebar doesn't stop it and I can't click anything in the app anymore. The only way out of it is to Force Quit the app and reopen the project file.

Mac Pro

macOS 10.12.2

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64GB 1866 MHz DDR3 RAM

AMD FirePro D700 6144MB * 2

RAM reserved for other applications is 6 GB, putting ram available for AE at 58GB.

My computer should be able to handle playing back in real time a simple text layer keyframed on top of a 4-second 1080 ProRes clip. Instead it drags to a crawl at 10-14fps and won't let me hit stop.

The app worked fine until the 2017 release. Now I can only use AE by scrubbing through the timeline. I can't play. I can't hit play. This is really dumb.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this week's update?

Remember, you can install older versions alongside, so if CC 2017 keeps not working for you, just install CC 2015.3 or CC 2014 and keep working.

For the record, you probably want more RAM reserved for other apps. It's generally recommended to keep about a quarter reserved for other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Grant,

Are you still facing issues after updating? Please let us know the details and if we can assist you any further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines