• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create a digital signature?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer and installed an older version of Adobe that I purchased a couple years ago.  Adobe X Pro installed fine but it wouldn't let me register...the simple message was that it couldn't register at this time please try again later.  It works fine and does what I need it to do (print reports to a PDF format) but I cannot create a new digital signature.  When I go through the process the last item creating a password and when I input any password it gives an error message that the "password doesn't match" (there is only on password input so that doesn't really make sense). 

Do I have to deactivate the software on the old computer first to get this to work?  I have to be able to apply a digital signature to my work products so if I deactivate the software on the old computer and it doesn't allow me to create on the new one then I have no work-around.

I know barely enough about Acrobat to be dangerous but need some help as I don't want to have to buy a new version for my basic use.

Help Please!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

I'm sure this isn't anything to do with old versions, it's an error or mishap. Possibly fixed in a later version, but looking at your box, everything seems bigger. I suspect you have Windows scaling set up. Try reducing it in your desktop settings. You only have to do this long enough to get the Digital ID created. (Restart Windows after any change for full effect).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must enter the password and the confirm password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one input for the password.  I tried using the same password I have in place for my Adobe ID and I tried others.  That is where I am getting confused...since there is only one input for the password how can it not match?

The only thing I can think of is that I have that software registered on my old computer...would that be the conflict?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a Digital ID I get this:

Bild16a.jpg

What can you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second box "Confirm Password" isn't on my screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is on the screen? Does it run off the bottom? Do you still have the buttons, but no second box? Is there a scroll bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above box is fixed and won't stretch or expand.  I tried scrolling and got nothing.  I looked in my "Adobe X for Dummies" book and there is supposed to be two password lines like what was noted above.  Could it be somehow locked up because I have my version registered on my old computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this isn't anything to do with old versions, it's an error or mishap. Possibly fixed in a later version, but looking at your box, everything seems bigger. I suspect you have Windows scaling set up. Try reducing it in your desktop settings. You only have to do this long enough to get the Digital ID created. (Restart Windows after any change for full effect).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it!  I have dual 32" screens and bumped the size up from small to medium...which cutoff the second password line.  Thank you so much!!!  You just saved me several hundred dollars!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create new digital signature and my " A new digital ID I want to create now" is greyed out. Can you pls help?

Digital signature.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Can't find an explanation for this anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Please refer to the steps provided in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/can-t-create-digital-id/td-p/11787787?page=1 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines