• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Missing Fonts Dialog

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermittently the missing fonts dialog will not launch upon opening AE project. This then causes a "illegal command sequence" dialog box to appear.

I am then forced to force quit AE.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing AE.

Wiping my computer to factory settings...nothing seems to resolve this issue.

Running OSX 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

hi! that how I solved this problem:

1) create new project (desirable with the same attributes as file which you need to open)

2) IMPORT project witch you can't open

3) you will receive font dialog box, where you will find name of the missing font and folder with project attributes witch you can use

Hope this will be useful for someone

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version number of AE are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TaylorW,

Are you still triggering this dialog box in your standard workflow, or have you fixed this issue? Please give us an update and if you need more assistance with this perplexing issue.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

did we ever get an answer to this question? Only today have i started getting this error when i open a file that i don't have all the fonts for. "Unable to initialize the sync missing fonts dialog". Then the project wont open.

Running CC 2017.2 (14.2.1.34), OSX 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import that project into a brand new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen with 2 projects now.  This happens when you don't have fonts that are used in the project.  The work around is to install all of the fonts used by the project.  It also occurred to me that maybe enabling/disabling font sync might help:

1. In the Creative Cloud desktop app, choose > Preferences > Creative Cloud.
  2. Click Fonts.
  3. To enable or disable font sync, select either On or Off from the Typekit On/Off settings.

If anyone wants to recreate this error, they can probably do it by making a AE project, using a special font in a new comp, the quitting and removing the font. Or maybe moving to a different machine without the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error when I was sent a project without the fonts.  After I quit and installed the fonts it opened fine.

Probably a problem trying to sync missing fonts so having the correct ones will prevent this error.  Possibly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT THE HELL ADOBE!? Latest version of AE CC 2018 and im too im suffering from this, I have this project to deliver for today and I can't even open the file because Adobe thinks is cool just to NOT open a project just because some fonts are missing?

I have green light to change the missing fonts for any other alternative in the Adobe Typekit library, but HOW THE HELL im supposed to do such change if I can't even open the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, try what tipsyfreelancer said above - that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and indeed installing the font solves the error. The problem is that I am opening a template and if the info file doesn't name the fonts used in the project, I just don't know what fonts to install and my template becomes unusable. PLEASEEE ADOBE, fix this issue, I've been a loyal customer for 20 years and this kind of situations are really inconvenient. Now I have to create the lower thirds and the titles from scratch, these means hours of my time, please help us out. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! that how I solved this problem:

1) create new project (desirable with the same attributes as file which you need to open)

2) IMPORT project witch you can't open

3) you will receive font dialog box, where you will find name of the missing font and folder with project attributes witch you can use

Hope this will be useful for someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option that works for me is opening the project from inside AE: File > Open Project.

Instead of double clicking on the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines