Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom - Red / Blue Pixels

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have taken some raw images on my drone. 

When I preview the image it looks fine (below)

Raw preview.jpg

When i open it in Lightroom or Photoshop it appears as below with the pixelated area:

raw lightroom.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

GhostNeo wrote:

Every image is the same

If every image has the exact same artifact pattern that indicates a sensor defect or damage (sun burn). This was also the conclusion at the DJI forum by their tech support people.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to the below area it looks like image data corruption. The image file looks OK outside of LR because your may be using a viewer that displays the embedded preview and not the raw image data. If the images are still on the memory card you can try downloading them again. How many images are affected like this and how are you downloading them onto your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

Every image is the same

I used lightroom to import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of drone are you using?

This looks similar to the issue described in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2123774

It looks like the end user replaced the drone camera?

And there was also another thread that I can not find today that had some red/blue artifacts when using HDR mode that was fixed with drone firmware update.

-BH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GhostNeo wrote:

Every image is the same

If every image has the exact same artifact pattern that indicates a sensor defect or damage (sun burn). This was also the conclusion at the DJI forum by their tech support people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines